Monday, March 28, 2011

Basket of flowers!

Hello friends! I hope you week is starting off good and you are well. Here is a recycled project. The box I used for this project was a box filled with chocolate candy. This was a Christmas present from my friend. I keep the box after all the chocolate was gone and I adhered some pretty pattern paper to it:). This box was too nice to trash it. Don't you think so too? I used Mod Podge Gloss -Lustre to adhered paper to box and I painted the Mod Podge all over the pattern paper to give the paper a glossy shine:) I used gems, gold crafts wire, brass finished fasteners and puffy paint to embellish flowers and basket. I used pop dots to give the flowers and basket some dimension.


The pattern paper is from the Yearbook Paper pad. This paper is so pretty! The solid paper is Recollections card stock. I used Doodlecharms flower on page#91 and the basket is on page #116. flowers cut @ 2 inch and basket @ 2 7/8 inch. I used Design Studio so I could cut them to fit the box.


Here is the box before I decorated it and the top is after:) I love the outcome of this project! I just love it:)
This project is for these challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #53 to use a Spring time theme.
Paper Playtime Challenge #42 anything goes.
Jitterbuggin Challenge to add a Cricut flower to project.
Frosted Designs challenge to reuse or repurpose things you already have around the house!

Have a fabulous week all and thanks for stopping by :)

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful project! It is always nice when you can reuse something. The colors you chose for the flowers are gorgeous it really makes them pop :) Thanks for playing with us this week at Paper Playtime!

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is BEAUTIFUL! I just love it!! Great PAPERS! Happy Spring and thanks for joining us at FCCB!!

    Maquel
    http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background paper. Thanks for playing at FCCB.

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out really pretty! :)

    Tanya
    http://scrappylandusa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. This card really pops! Thank you for playing along with us this week over at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project. Frosted Designs has a recycle challenge going that you should enter this into.
    I also have a bug challenge going on over at http://bugbites411.blogspot.com/
    Hope you'll stop by and check it out.
    TFS this project with us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty flowers!!!!

    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant. Thanks for joining Frosted Designs this week! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful way to give a new life to something that is usually forgotten! Thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am following you from the Welcome Wednesday. When you get a chance please follow me back. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a beautiful job, your new creation is lovely!...stumbled this. Hoppin' by from Twisted Scavenger!
    Becky Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty project! Thanks for playing along this week at FCCB!

    Lisa N.
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! Love the scrappy flowers and the basket is adorale! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and will not appear until comment is approved. There is no need to resubmit your comment.
I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...