Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Altered CD!



Hello everyone! Here is a altered CD! This was inspired by Creative Inspirations: Challenge #56- Altered CD and Just Buggins challenge #33 April Showers: Make a spring themed project. Here is a little on how I altered the CD. I handmade the rose with gift wrap tissue paper and crepe streamer paper and I dipped the rose in hot wax to give the rose a gloss shine. I cut (2) circles with the Cricut Expression for front and back of CD and glued them to CD. I embossed the circle with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. I used my Crop-A-Dile II Big Bite to punch holes around CD. I ran tulles though hole on CD. I glued the butterfly, flower,lace,ribbon with beads and gems to CD. This rose was my grandma's favorite paper rose to make. She made these all the time in different colors. Have a great week everyone!

Cartridge used:

Plantin SchoolBook (circle) on page #72 cut at 4 3/4 in.

9 comments:

  1. Great project, Judy. And what a neat thing to remember about your Grandma. I've seen plenty of these roses in my time too ... guess they were the rage for awhile! Love your Easter pix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did an ornament tpe a long time ago. Thanks for ressurecting this project for me and Love What your Did!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!!! I love that rose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Now I'll have to make one. By the way you guys look very springy in your pink dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, this is very lovely. I honestly thought that beautiful rose was ribbon. You really did a beautiful job! I've never done a CD altered item but this is something I might try - thanks for sharing! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I bought those butterflies too!! They are so pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Cricutters Anonymous!!
    Lynne CA DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project, I love the colours!

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations!

    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is very very pretty!!! LOVE THAT BUTTERFLY you have added to it!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations!
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cute idea. thanks for joining us at cricutters anonymous this week.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and will not appear until comment is approved. There is no need to resubmit your comment.
I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...