Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Challenge #61: Witch's Brew (Halloween Party - Part 1)

Happy October All. Can you believe it is October already! I love this time of year. We are having a Halloween challenge over at Decorate to Celebrate. I know a lot of you are creating some fun things for those Halloween party you will be hosting or going to. I hope you come and link them up. For Challenge #61, we are asking you to create any project to be used as a party decoration (or party supply) for a HALLOWEEN PARTY or CELEBRATION!!  Let's celebrate EVERYTHING WONDERFUL about WITCHES, GHOSTS, PUMPKINS and MORE  with your table decorations, party banners, pennants,yard signs, cupcakes, party favors and more!!
For this challenge, I created  this Bat Wine Bottle Gift Bags. This will be given to my friend who is hosting a Halloween party. I made this out of black craft felt and black glitter stiffened felt . I cut two black 7 inch by 12 inch piece of felt and sewn the sides together. I cut one black 5 1/2 inch circle and sewn to create bottom of wine bag. The seams  on side and bottom are sewn at 1/4 inches. Turn wine bag on right side out. I folded top of bag over about a 1/2 inch and sewn around to front.  I put a piece of ribbon in the sewn part to create a tie for bag. The bat ears  are  triangles and eyes are circles I cut them out  with  scissors. I glued the eyes, ears and wing on bag.  I used stiffened black glitter felt for the bat wings. The bat wing template is  HERE.
Do you like my bat wine bottle gift bag?  I will love to hear what you have to say. Leave a comment below. I have many more wine bottle gift bags  ideas to create. Linking this project here. Thanks for stopping by and looking. Have a wonderful week.

19 comments:

  1. Let's get the party started!!!! He is so cute! how creative! Thank You so much for sharing at the Fluster Buster Party. I'm pinning it to my Spooky Beauties board, Lizy your party co host

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cool love this idea. great job as always.hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bat bag!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! what a fantastic idea. Have a great week
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea super quick and easy thanks I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes October Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! feel free to post to the Fall Crafts Blog Hop today! http://www.sugartot.net/my-blog/2013/10/fall-crafts-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww...sooo cute!!
    An adorable gift idea!
    Rory from
    http://crochetbrio.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, this is such a cute idea and definitely the perfect hostess gift for Halloween! You did a fabulous job! I seriously never would have thought to make a bat out of wine bottle, so creative!

    I’d love it if you linked this up over at Living Well Spending Less for Thrifty Thursday this week! http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/category/thrifty-thursday/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! You've been featured this week! Here's the link...http://sewlicioushomedecor.com/saturday-show-licious-craft-showcase-52-2/. Thank you for participating in my craft party!! :)

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute idea. I'm sure your friend will love it! Thanks for sharing it with Share Your Cup. I'm sure it's not intentional, but I am not seeing a link back to the party.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this spooky cute project at CAL link party. Perfect for the coming Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Judy, Featuring you tomorrow! Theresa @DearCreatives thanks for joining in & sharing at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfect way to decorate a wine bottle for Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute! I love bats for Halloween and this looks so simple :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and will not appear until comment is approved. There is no need to resubmit your comment.
I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...