Wednesday, January 8, 2014

DTC Challenge#66: Snowman or Snowflake Decoration!

Happy Wednesday to you all. We are having a FUN Challenge over @ Decorate to Celebrate. For Challenge #66, we are changing things up!! For challenges in 2014 we are going to have a theme and you can either create a project with the theme, or submit birthday decorations. It's your choice!! So let's celebrate EVERYTHING WONDERFUL about SNOWY NIGHTS, SNOWBALL FIGHTS, FROSTY the SNOWMAN or BIRTHDAYS  with your table decorations, party banners, pennants, yard signs, cupcakes, party favors and more!!  :) Click on any photo to see larger!!                                                                                                                                             
 
For my project I create a snowman ornament and snowman pins.  The snowman pins was create out of stiffened glitter white felt and craft felt. I cut out some scallop circle with the stiffened felt to make face. I made some hat with the soft craft felt. I hot glued the hat together on sides. I cut some fringes and tied a piece of ribbon at the top of hat. I used puffy paint to make eyes, nose and mouth on scallop circle to create the face of snowman. I put a pin on back so it can be worn on clothing.                    
                                          
 To create the ornament I used a white foam disc for the face of snowman ornament. Made a hat out of craft felt and tied ribbon on top of hat. Used googly eye for the eyes and a orange pipe cleaner to create the nose. black puffy paint for the mouth. I used a hot glue gun to adhere hat sides together and glue pieces to foam disc.
                                       
Here they are hanging out in the snow together. :) Don't you just love snow? I know I do:) We just had a snow storm on Friday!!!
                                      
 Have a great week. Thank you so much for stopping by. :)

20 comments:

  1. these are so adorable Judy, welcome back to another great year. I want to know how you got that snow falling so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snowman ornament!! He's adorable!! And the felt pins are so creative and awesome!! Love them!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute and clever! Happy to be on the DTC Design Team with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just adorable! I love your snow!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I'm so excited to be on the DT with you!

    Emily - Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Judy the snowman pins are a fantastic idea! Fabulous projects.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is DARLING, Judy! So sweet and super creative. I absolutely LOVE having you play along and share your sweet art with us. Thanks so much for joining us and for sharing your talents, and fellowshipping by simply sharing your lovely creations. Hope you have a very blesse d week I really do thank you for joining us.
    God bless you and please come by again real soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com
    I'm looking for followers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! Hey it's snowing here too, giggle. Thank you so much for helping to make the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop so much fun Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are seriously ADORABLE!! Love it!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so darn cute Judy! You have to tell me how you make it snow in your picture!

    Your Design Team Buddy,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Your ornament is awesome!! I love the cute little pins too-these make amazing gifts to! Super cute!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so much fun!! Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Divas!!

    Kathy
    Craftin Desert Divas Design Team
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you did the hats on the snowman thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute and very creative:) Thanks for the inspiration, I just linked up:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so cute. I especially love the pins. I am visiting today by way of Decorate to Celebrate.

    Carol (Carol's Creations)
    4evercarolscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and will not appear until comment is approved. There is no need to resubmit your comment.
I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...