Friday, May 30, 2014

Mermaid Rag Doll!!!

Hello my friends! Hope you had a wonderful week. Today I have a handmade mermaid rag doll to share with you. My daughter wanted me to make her a mermaid rag doll. Here is the one I created for her. This is my first ever rag doll  that I sewn together with my sewing machine. :)  Not bad for my first rag doll. This rag doll is 11 inches tall.
I used muslin white fabric for upper body of rag doll and dark green cotton fabric for mermaid tail. The bra is a small piece of felt .I sewed ribbon on bra so it could be tied on  rag doll back. The rag doll hair was created with red yarn. I tied black ribbon in hair to create pony tails. To create rag doll  eyes, nose and mouth I used black and red embroidery floss. Here is a close up of  the hand sewn embroider face.
Here is a close up of  mermaid tail.The rag doll pattern was hand drawn by me. There's all kinds of free rag doll pattern on the web. My daughter like her handmade rag doll and I do too. :) Come on over to Monday Handmade Linkup Party and linkup anything handmade including recipes.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful and fun weekend! :) Linking up to all the linkup parties here.

11 comments:

  1. Judy this is just over the top cute. I love it as I know your daughter did. No one would have ever known this was your first. 2 Creative Chicks next challenge is to make a doll. Maybe you will have time to make a second one. lol Have a creative day.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Judy, I love your adorable little mermaid doll! You did a wonderful job of designing her!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy, I love your gorgeous mermaid! She has a lovely smile!
    Have a fabulous day and week!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable mermaid! She looks pretty happy to be part of your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww she looks great, very creative :)

    Thanks for sharing over at Creative Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for sharing Judy, featuring over at the hop this week :)

      Delete
  6. Wow you made this? What a creative, amazingly, fantastic way to make something like this! I know you made this for your daughter, but prayerfully the Most High will give me a baby girl one day that I can do crafts with. :) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Countdown in Style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My 3 year old would love this Mermaid Dollie! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party! Join us again this Saturday morning!
    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute little mermaid! Thanks for sharing @ Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy! This is so cute! Pinned! Please join us tonight at 7 pm and party with us. We feel honored when you stop by! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and will not appear until comment is approved. There is no need to resubmit your comment.
I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment! Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...